Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Man Up.

For me, there is nothing sexier than a woman who looks hot rocking mens clothing. My unconventional fashion taste has always placed me on the more "boyish" side of style. I have always had a strong appreciation for beautiful women wearing traditionally masculine cuts. Don't get me wrong; I like looking womanly too sometimes, but like I've said before, I like things that are edgier- things that push the boundary slightly. It is something about the understated femininity which finds a way to shine through, that I love so much. While I do enjoy putting on a hot little number, my friends know I am through with the tight confined mini dress by the time I get into the cab. Often, I throw on some wide leg slacks and an oversized black blazer with some feminine touches just before dashing out the door. 


I think the reason I love women who man up into masculine-cut suits, is the ying and yang feeling that I get inside. One part of me recognizes that something is somewhat off about the "mannish" silhouette, another part takes note of the bust and hips, yet somehow in the end, I am filled with this harmonious feeling of well-tailored, timeless perfection. 

This season, the return of man's uniform is still structured and square but has a softer, slightly more feminine cut- we can finally get our hands on some menswear that is thinking outside of the "box".  Women in suits are holding their own authority for attention.



Here are some of my favourite takes on women manning up and rocking mens wear. 


lefashion
Chloe

alltheprettybirds
menswear instinct

alltheprettybirds
the double breasted suit

stockholmstreetstyle
Adding jewellery and accessories to woman it up.

knightcat

lefashion

knightcat

knightcat

caroline's mode

jil sander a/w 2010
a little more colour


stockholmstreetstyle

So man up! Look for structured squarish coats tailored for women, pair up your boyfriend blazer with some slack, and add your own touches, like jewellery and lipstick to make it your own. After all, behind all that great mens wear, are some fabulous women. 

Still loving Style.

J.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Halifax Fashion Blog