Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nothing but Neutrals

   I am spending my Thanksgiving in Margaree, Cape Breton, with 16 of Dan's closest family, and friends. We are all staying under the same roof of a gorgeous, old 1930’s manor. The place is amazing. It’s filled with old radiators, aged hardwood floors, preserved antiques and the hum of many well-fed individuals. While some are spending their time outdoors walking along the beach, I find myself nuzzled up in a blanket on a long-established couch tending to the fire, and reading some Mark Twain.

    Sitting here, I am craving nothing but neutrals. I am in the perfect place to welcome in October, the autumn, and of course the rustic country style that embodies a/w 2010.

   Fashion's fall and winter lines are displaying a whole lot of beige, taupe and camel. The key to this season is not to fear matchy monochromatic outfits. Instead, mix in different textures and fabrics to add depth and power to your colourless looks. Below are some of my favourite fall outfits,dominated by the power of nothing but neutrals. 





Lefashion, a favorite look by Dries van Noten

Vogue, Chloe



Both Vogue Russia, Chloe


Stock up now on neutral items and have fun combining them in interesting ways. Layer chiffon, lace, leather, knits and fur to keep warm through the autumn months! 

xo J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Halifax Fashion Blog